Incident Response (IR) teams are designed to detect, investigate and, when necessary, perform remediation in the event of a critical incident. This whitepaper explores the results of the latest SANS survey, providing a picture of what IR teams are up against today.
Some key challenges reported by responders to the survey were:
- Lack of resources (time, staff, budget) to effectively execute improvements
- Staffing and skills shortage
- Vaguely defined processes and owners
- Budgetary shortages for tools and technology
- Not enough visibility into events happening across different systems or domains
Do these challenges sound familiar? Download the full survey to learn more about how other organizations are approaching incident response, along with best practices and advice.▲